Gluten free bread, famous for its very dry texture, expensive price and overall disappointment. However, recently I found a recipe that completely blew my mind. And for good reasons. This buckwheat bread is so moist, tasty and super easy to make. Moreover, it does not contain yeast, sourdough starter or other raising agencies so you don’t need nothing fancy to get this bread on your table. The only thing you need is a bit of time, and buckwheat of course.
My community members were so surprised at how well this turned out that multiple people already asked me for the recipe, and yes one of them was my mum (hi mom (: ). So, I thought, lets share this recipe with the world, yes it is that good. Here it is:
You will need:
- A bread or cake tin + baking paper
- 500 grams of whole buckwheat
- 200 mL water
- Salt to taste (I use about half a teaspoon)
- Soak the buckwheat overnight
- Rinse the buckwheat but do not wash it
- Add the rinsed buckwheat to a blender and add the water and salt and blend until smooth. I start slow and slowly increase the speed to make sure everything is blended smoothly
- Add a sheet of baking paper to you tin and add the mixture to it
- Cover it and let if ferment on the counter for 12-24 h depending on the temperature in your house
- Bake it for 90 minutes at 180 celsius. I usually remove the baking tin when the bread is solid enough to ensure a nice crust all over the bread
- Thats it!
Tip: instead of just adding salt, you can also add some spices. Rosemary for example I really like. Or maybe you can add some spices for digestion, like koriander, cumin or fennel seeds.
Original recipe found on: https://plantbaes.com/1-ingredient-gluten-free-buckwheat-bread/
Written by Camil